Monday, August 28, 2006

Back + Warbreaker

Whew!  Well, I'm back from Worldcon, and I'm pretty much worn out.  With the parties every night, the panels every day, and the ten hour drives each way...yeah.  Dead!

I apologize for the sparse posts last week.  Internet at the hotel was expensive, and so I only had my phone, which isn't exactly the best instrument for large-scale blogging.  Through this week, I'll be posting reactions and thoughts regarding the convention.  The short of it is, however, that I met a lot of wonderful people who treated me very nicely. 

The most important news is that I lost the Campbell award to my arch-nemesis John Scalzi.  (SCALZI!!!)  However, his gracious acceptance speech almost made the loss feel good.  (We know, of course, that he is simply acting nice while his evil minions of doom slowly get into position to destroy the world.)  You should give OLD MAN'S WAR a read--it really is a great book.  (Plus, it pays to know the mind of the enemy.)

I do have a chapter of WARBREAKER for you.  In terms of the final draft, I think I'm going to put this one BEFORE the previous Vasher chapter.  However, for now, I'm going to name it chapter twenty-two so that people don't get confused. 

www.brandonsanderson.com/graphics/WarbreakerCh21-1.0.doc

If you haven't read the previous chapters, find them in the first post of this thread.  As always, I'd appreciate any comments you want to give on the book! It's a work in progress, and so it's still got a long way to go before it's publishable.  So, if you have suggestions, make them at the end of that same thread.

This week's signing is at the Provo Borders over in the Shops at Riverwood!  Friday at 7:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home