Monday, September 25, 2006

New Annotation + Wedding Pictures

New Mistborn Annotation!

And, as promised, here is another round of wedding pictures for you all.  I figured that we'd focus on some of the best sword shots this time.  So, first off, my brother and I:

Me, looking dapper on the left.  Spriggan, looking like he's going to shoot fire from his mouth, on the right. 

As I've mentioned, one way I knew that I was marrying the right girl was how she responded to getting a sword for the wedding.  I'd told her I was going to buy swords for the groomsmen, and for myself.  She always said in a very small voice "but I want a sword, too!"  And, of course, my response to this was always "You have the ring!  That cost us enough."

I'm not sure if she saw through my ploy or not.  Of course I couldn't resist getting her a sword too.  I'm a push-over that way, you know.  Swords for everyone! 

And, speaking of everyone....

Here's a shot of all the groomsmen (plus one groomswoman, Annie) and their swords.   Yes, I did buy twelve swords to commemorate my wedding.  They were engraved with the names of (or from) my novels.  Yes, I'm quite loony.  I actually feel bad that I didn't buy more--there are a couple of guys who probably should have gotten swords but didn't, and I feel bad.  (My favorite, by the way, from this shot is CtlZed, the guy in the bottom right.  What a happy face he has!  That's the one who did the maps for Mistborn which I posted a few days back. And, he also happens to be the person who introduced me to Pemberly, so he gets extra points!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home