Thursday, November 23, 2006

Warbreaker + Spain

 

New Warbreaker:  Chapter Thirty-four.  Sorry it's late, but hey, considering that I'm halfway across the world with very slight Internet access, you'll have to take what you can get. 

I'm enjoying Barcelona so far.  The flight was a bear, as you might imagine.  Two layovers, 16 hours total time, and two exhausted people lost in the airport.  But, we got to our hotel (which, amusingly, doesn't have queen or king sized beds--just two singles that you can push together.)

We went out and walked about the city today.  Europe is fun.  It's so OLD.  Everything's old.  The buildings, the lamps, the cheese.  Old.  Tomorrow we'll start hitting museums and the like.  The only real problem I'm encountering is the fact that nobody in this country seems to believe in the concept of ice for drinks.  Sigh.  My kingdom for an ice-cube tray and a freezer!

I'm still not sure how often I'll be able to post.  I'm working off of some borrowed bandwidth from...well, I don't know.  Some place nearby, I guess.  The hotel charges about 15 bucks for a day's worth of Internet, so I'm not likely to pay that.  I'll see if I can find an Internet cafe about here somewhere. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home