Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Amphigory + Pemberly Moment + ??

It's a special Valentine's Week Amphigory:

Need a clue?  This is a bit harder.  It has to do with the little cherub, and what he's holding.  Also, the text itself isn't all that important.   In case you're new to the blog, every Tuesday I do random stupid puns in pictorial form.  What does this have to do with writing?  Nothing!  I just like bad puns.  Another regular feature is the Pemberly Moment, random things said by my wife taken completely out of context.  Today's entry includes myself as a guest star.  You ready?

This is the text of an actual Conversation between my wife and I:

Pemberly: "Is it still bleeding?"
Me:  "Nah, I just had a carrot between my toes."

What's the context?  Wouldn't you like to know!  Ha!  In more serious tones, Pemberly asked for only one thing for Valentine's day: A love letter.  Hum.  Do you think "Q" is romantic enough, or should I go with "M"? 

Actually, I really don't know what to do about this.  I've never really written anything like that before, and you'd think that as a novelist, I'd be able to come up with something, but it's actually a little bit daunting.  Do you think those guys on the Internet who write school papers in exchange for money would be willing to do a love letter instead?

Finally, does anyone know what this is: http://www.sctoday.edu/~jnbaker/?p=518  Looks like someone's using my website as a school assignment for web design class.  Pretty nifty!  I'd be curious to know why the instructor picked my website, and would be interested to see the different designs.  If any of you designer-types see this, drop me an email or hop over to my Livejournal and leave a comment. 

Warbreaker Tomorrow, and I promise some actual writing advice/story prompt type stuff later in the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home