Monday, July 09, 2007

Review of MB2 + Anniversary + Harry Potter

The folks over at Wotmania have been kind enough to put up a review of Mistborn 2.  Have a look, though--as the reviewer himself points out--it contains spoilers for the first book, so if you haven't read that one, go read their review of Mistborn 1 instead.  In addition, several sources have let me know with enthusiasm that we've got another positive review in the Romantic Times coming out. 

This feels nice, since Mistborn 2 was the book I struggled with the most out of the trilogy.  I always knew where I wanted to go, but I worried about 'middle child' syndrome, and spent a lot of effort and revision to make this book stand on its own.  I'm excited to see that people like it.  Plus, the reviewer at wotmania seems to really 'get' who I am as a writer, and what I'm trying to do with these books.  He highlights the strengths, and the weaknesses, of the books as I myself see them--which is really more than I could hope for a reviewer to do.

Pemberly and I decided to celebrate our anniversary today, instead of on Saturday.  Hard to believe it's been one year already!  Whew!  Everyone says the first year is the toughest, but it went really well for us.  When does it get hard?  I can't imagine being married to such a beautiful, intelligent, wonderful woman ever being 'tough.'  It's kind of like having a terrible job like the one I do, where I am forced to do what I love, take time off whenever I want, and have complete creative control over my life. 

Also, I'm off tomorrow for--insert cringing face--another camping trip.  Doesn't anyone understand that my poor laptop cries itself to sleep when I'm not around to pound on its keyboard?  Sporadic updates will continue to be, well, sporadic because of this.  Remember, however, that we've got an important day coming up.  Harry Potter 7 is coming out midnight on Friday the 20th (or, I guess, Saturday the 21st) and I will be doing a signing/reading/whatever at the Borders in Provo Utah during their midnight release party.

So, if you're going to buy HP7 that night, come stop by the Borders.  It will be a far less frustrating wait, since I'll be there to entertain you!  And sell you books!  It's a win-win situation! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home