Monday, November 12, 2007

Two Signings + Holy Cow! NPR!

Fist off, for those of you in the Utah area, note that I'll be doing TWO signings this week.  If you haven't gotten your books signed, or want to grab a signed copy of one for a Christmas present, drop by and see me! 

I'll be at BYU on Tuesday the 13th (tomorrow) from 5:30-7:30. 

I'll be at the Murray Borders on Thursday the 15th from 7:00-8:30.
132 E. Winchester
Murray, UT 84107
Phone: 801.313.1020

Secondly, I've got some very fun news.  Scholastic informed me that super-librarian Nancy Pearl enjoyed my book ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE EVIL LIBRARIANS.  Well, today I got like fifty gazillion emails from people letting me know that she gave a glowing review of Alcatraz on NPR this morning.

NPR is a big deal.  It's one of the best media outlets for book promotion, and Nancy Pearl is awesome.  (My wife and I own some of her books.)  So, this is very exciting, and a very nice bit of news.  (In case you're wondering, Alcatraz immediately shot from 200k on Amazon up to #120, which puts it at #16 on their children's bestseller list.  Of course, Amazon Bestseller lists are notoriously fickle, so that won't actually mean much unless I stay there for a few days.  However, it's still very cool to see.)

Read on NPR's website right here.  Also, a hearty congrats to Patrick Rothfuss, who also got a mention for THE NAME OF THE WIND.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home