Sunday, January 20, 2008

Warbreaker 4.0: DONE!

The latest WARBREAKER revision is finished.  I'm glad to have this one off my plate; I hadn't realized how anxious I was getting about this book until I sat down and worked on it.  It's now been a year and a half since I finished it, and I worried that I was letting it dangle, pushing it off time and time again and not giving it the attention it deserves.  This is partly due to the fact that I'm not sure if it will get a sequel anytime soon.

In the past, I've said that I was planning to write the sequel.  (Tentatively titled NIGHTBLOOD, though I worry that's too horror-sounding.)  The problem is, I now have A MEMORY OF LIGHT on my plate, and it is going to need a LOT of attention.  The question is, do I want to have WARBREAKER come out in the spring of 2009, AMoL come out in the fall of 2009, then have a sequel to a two-book series be my follow-up to that? 

It seems to me that I'm in a unique position.  A lot of fantasy authors dream of being able to launch something BIG.  An epic series which will get a powerful marketing push and a lot of attention.  It seems to make far more sense to me to launch a brand new series the year after AMoL, rather than putting out an ambiguous sequel which ends a two-book series. 

That doesn't mean I won't write book two.  It just means that I'm thinking of starting a much larger story, then slipping in the WARBREAKER sequel sometime later. 

Anyway, WARBREAKER 4.0 will go up early next week.  It is my goal to post the downloadable version, then actually do an html chapter-by-chapter version for ease of reading.  Would anyone (who hasn't read Warbreaker yet) be interested in this?  Sound off on my LJ, my Facebook, or my forums. 

You can also let me know what you think I should do next.  You probably won't change my mind (it's not a vote) but I'd be curious to see what readers are wanting.

Warbreaker sequel
Elantris sequel (Different characters, same world.)
Big Epic (five or six books on a new project)
Random Stand Alone
Dragonsteel (Which is written, but now I don't know when to release it.)
More books in the Mistborn world
(Note: Again, I wouldn't do any more with the same characters.  Their story is done after book three, as I promised it would be.)

Also, for your amusement, two links:

Funny Comic!
And Another!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you're already one of my favorite authors, and it turns out you know about Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, easily one of my favorite webcomics. Bonus points.
Also, I'd love to see an Elantris Sequel.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it possible to have two finished stories published at the same time? Warbreaker and A Memory of Light, then follow up the turn around time with a Sequel to Warbreaker?
I'm one to be impatient so waiting longer for a story line is not as fun. I know not how to speed it up.

Having a chapter by chapter version of Warbreaker available online sounds good especially to the alternative to a published work. It's comes across as a mini-publish.

I would find myself reading both the download-able version and plus the online chapter version when I'm away from my computer. And I would use it as a tool when showing off a new Author to friends.

2:27 AM  
Blogger Liam J. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Duncan Watson said...

I just finished Warbreaker (hardcover release) and so I am very eager for a sequel. I really enjoyed Warbreaker and want more of these characters.

That said, I will now look at the rest of your work and see what else I can read.
Duncan

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

warbreaker and mistborn sequels \o/

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Josh W. said...

I'm going to go with more books set in the Mistborn world. After all there are still two metals we don't know about. I assume Allomancy still exists as Spook was made Mistborn at the end.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
[url=http://www.replicaonnet.com/]buy lorazepam[/url]
Long-term benefits of this drug has not, up to this time, been assessed by clinical research studies.
ativan 2mg
The noted side effects of Lorazepam are: • Dizziness • Dose-dependent respiratory depression • Sedation • Fatigue • Amnesia, and • Unsteadiness Remember that consulting your doctor on the onset of such side effects will do you good.
http://www.replicaonnet.com/ - ativan price
Sedation, lack of recall, relief of anxiety and sedation are just some of Ativan’s pharmacological effects and normally last for eight hours.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A warbreaker sequel! I think it's your strongest and most developed world to date, and the way it ends is just begging for a sequel. No way the manipulators were the ones truly pulling the strings there! There's much more going on behind the scenes!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elantris introduced me to your work, and it really left a mark. I was amazed at how refreshing to the genre it was. My second was Warbreaker and it completely surpassed my expectations which needless to say, after Elantris were pretty high. I am planning to read the Mistborn Tri. next, I've been delayed just because I haven't found them in Hardcover in my only bookstore option(i dont like paperbacks). But, I'd really like to get into the Elantris Universe again since its been about 3 years now since I read it. After that I'd like to read The Way Of Kings, and then a Warbreaker sequel.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Im getting crazy here!
I just LOVE warbreaker but im searching for the one with actors and sound effects but i cant find it anywhere on the web. Ive heard that it is epic! So please! Pretty please if you know what im talking about send me a link for it. My e-mail is:

joker_sisters@hotmial.com

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home