Monday, March 10, 2008

Two New Podcasts

The new episode of Writing Excuses is up, and I really enjoyed this one.  I thought we had an informative discussion about using heroes in your stories.  I expect these to get better and better as Dan, Howard, and I learn to play off of one another.  Our goal with these is to be quick, informative, and conversational.  (And, if possible, occasionally amusing.)

We also did a shorter tribute podcast to Gary Gygax, one of the co-creators of Dungeons and Dragons.  This one isn't focused on how to write, so we made it a bonus episode rather than one in the main line-up.  It's interesting because both Dan and I were pretty late to the Dungeons and Dragons party.  I started with RPGs by playing Palladium system, and it was my favorite for a long time.  I did play a chunk of AD&D, though I spent much more time with TSR products when it came to their novels. 

All of this, however, goes back to Gary and his revolutionary ideas.  The Vice Presidential Action Rangers have lost a great man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home