Saturday, May 03, 2008

Late Updates

Warbeaker HTML: Chapter Eleven

Mistborn: The Well of Ascension: Chapter Thirty-Two

I may need to speed up on those Mistborn Two annotations.  I usually plan to have them all out by the time my next book is released.  In this case, that gives me until October.  We're about halfway through the book at this point.  We'll see.  Some have asked if I'm going to do annotations for the Alcatraz Books.  Maybe some day, but right now, I'm busy enough with things that it would be hard to add another group of annotations to my workload.  I will be doing them for Mistborn 3, however, and probably Warbreaker. 

One other small note, for those of you who have been asking about Kindle editions of my books, we recently got Mistborn put up for sale in that format.  There isn't any news on my other books yet, and it strikes me as odd that we'd release a Kindle version of the book we gave away on Tor's website for free, but not release the second book for those who want to read it electronically too.  But, it's a start.  I guess we'll see how well it sells, and maybe that will make them decide to publish the others.  No news yet on Palm or Sony Ereader formats yet. 

I have to say, as an author, I find all of these different electronic formats for books to be frustrating.  DRM is lousy, in my opinion, and hurts my ability to sell books and reach readers.  I doubt there's any hope that Amazon, Sony, and Palm will just get together and decide to let their readers each read one another's books, at least in the near future, but I feel that such things will have to happen before the ebook format can make any real progress. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home