Friday, September 12, 2008

Out of State Numbered Editions of Hero of Ages

All right, I finally have some specific info for those of you who don't live in Utah and can't come to the release party, but who want numbered editions of MISTBORN: THE HERO OF AGES.  (Also, book tour info is here, if you missed it.)

Let me start out by saying that my first preference is that you support your local bookstores.  They need your patronage to continue to survive.  Even the chain stores have been having a rough time of things lately, and so if you don't really care about having a numbered edition, go and grab a copy on October 14th from your local bookseller.  (Also, most best-seller lists consider more than just total number of copies sold--they look to see if a book has sold all across the nation, as opposed to in one area.  So selling a ton of copies in Utah won't help quite as much for me as if you buy the book the first week somewhere local to you.)

That said, I an very proud to have Sam Weller's Bookseller handling my out-of-state orders.  They are a wonderful bookstore, a fixture in Salt Lake City for three generations.  They've weathered the explosion of the chain superstores, and have an excellent staff.  The owners are fascinating people who love books.  (And they descendants of Sam Weller himself.)  They have often had me in to sign and have treated me well from the start, even back when I was a nobody and barely sold a copy or two at their signings.  You can feel proud supporting them as a business.

On October 15th, I will be doing a signing at their store.  Before the signing, I will travel up and sign, personalize, and number all of the copies that people from out of state have ordered and prepaid through their bookstore.  This will be one of only TWO ways to get a numbered edition.  The first is at BYU the night before, in person.  The other is to order via phone or email with Sam Weller's.  I will number in order, starting with the first person in line at BYU and ending with the last preorder at Sam Weller's.  (Also note that Sam Weller's is also a New York Times reporting store, so a sale through them helps me maybe get on that particular list.)

Sam Weller's has graciously offered a 20% discount to anyone who PREORDERS and PREPAYS for the book by October 10th.  I'm not sure what the shipping will be specifically, but I know they have very reasonable rates.

If you want to preorder a copy, you can do it by contacting Sam Weller's via the following:
Phone: (801)328-2586 / 800-333-7269
Email: books@samwellers.com

Make sure to tell them if you want the book PERSONALIZED and to whom or if you want it with SIGNATURE AND NUMBER only. 

I used to limit my numbering to 50 copies, but I found that left too many people disappointed.  So now I number as many books as people buy at my release party and via the specific preorder location.  Sam Weller's, however, only has 150 copies to sell via preorder, so make sure to contact them soon if you want one.  I expect them to sell out.  If there is enough demand quickly, I might be able to get them another case or two. 

I decided to try this pre-order for out of state readers for the first time this year.  A lot of you were sad about your lack of a chance to get a numbered copy.  If this works, and Sam Wellers is able to sell the copies they ordered, I'll do this for future books as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home