Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rothfuss on Writing Excuses + MountainCon

I should be posting soon with more details on the Hero of Ages release party.  Until then, however, I wanted to give a quick link to Writing Excuses.  I haven't mentioned it in a while, but I thought you all might be interested in this podcast, since I think it is one of the best we've done.  It was recorded at Worldcon with guest star Patrick Rothfuss, of Name of the Wind fame.  We talk about how to write exposition in fantasy novels without bogging down the story.

I've blogged before about how much I enjoyed his book, and I was delighted to discover that he was an absolute blast to hang out with.  He's doing wonderful things for the genre, and is truly and honestly a charming, eloquent, and interesting person.  So give a listen and if you haven't read his book, make sure to pick up a copy. 

Also, I'll be at Mountain*Con this weekend, which is shaping up to be a world class convention.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I'll be doing a signing on Saturday sometime at the convention, and there should be plenty of books if you want to pick one up.  (I'll be carting along some hard-to-find Elantris and Mistborn hardcovers, and Badali Jewelry will be there selling Aon pendants.)  If you're in the area, consider picking up a one day badge and stopping by to listen in on some of my panels.  I'll be doing a couple of workshops which are, essentially, lessons pulled from the creative writing class I teach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home