Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lucky #21

You all have my very most sincere thanks.  I got a call from Tom Doherty, CEO of Tor, about an hour ago.  It appears that we were not only successful at getting on the New York Times Bestseller list, we were several magnitudes more successful than I dared hope.  I had thought that maybe we would be able to hit #35, last number on the adult hardcover list.  We actually came in at #21. 

This makes THE HERO OF AGES the #2 fantasy book of the week, behind Bob Salvatore's new book, and marks Mistborn Three as one of Tor's most successful fantasy new releases of the year.  (It might actually be THE most successful new Tor fantasy of the year.)

This happened because of you.  Thank you so much for reading my books.  Hitting the Times list is a little thing, really, when compared to the enormous privilege it is to tell stories for a living and to have you all as readers. 

Thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You're welcome!

I've ordered six copies. One for me, and five for people I'm forcing to read along with me so I don't have to keep my thoughts about the series to myself.

Or talk about it to people who have no earthly idea what I'm babbling on about.

Congratulations on the muchly deserved honour!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

I really liked the book. While trying not to leave a mention any spoilers I also liked how you managed your main characters in what I thought was a style that I have enjoyed from George RR Martin. In that fact that story drives the writing and you aren't afraid to do the unexpected and stick to it. In my opinion this always makes for a better story and makes the reader almost hesitant but at the same time eager to turn the page in order find out what happens next.

I must however complain about a little bit about the quality of the book I purchased. The quality of the writing drove me to purchase the hard cover because I was desperate to find out how the story ended. But for a book that cost me 25+ dollars I was disappointed in the fact that the gluing oftentimes extend 1/3 of an inch up the page causing tears on some pages when I opened them up.

Anyway, great book, I look forward to reading more stories from you.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home