Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Award + Annotation

First off, here is a new Annotation from Mistborn The Well of Ascension.  Chapter Fifty-Three.  There are only six or seven more of these, then I'll start posting them from Book Three.  People have asked if I'll do them for AMoL.  The answer is that I probably will not, for the simple reason that I wouldn't feel comfortable posting them without Harriet's approval on each one, and that would be too much work to ask of her for this.  However, this is why I'm hoping to be able to get her permission to write a companion book to the final WoT volume(s), talking about the process of writing the last book.  The choice will be hers, but if we do that book, it will read much like the annotations but with the addition of Mr. Jordan's own notes. 

Also, the season for awards and awards nominations is upon us.  I'll mention the Hugos in another post, but first I'd like to point out that I have been nominated for a new award known as the "David Gemmell Legend Award" which will be given in honor of Mr. Gemmell, who passed away in 2006.  I'm honored, as I am a fan of Mr. Gemmell's work.  (You may even have noticed that Kelsier's teacher, who is mentioned but never appears, was named after Mr. Gemmell.)  This is a reader-voted award, so if you feel like voting for Mistborn: The Hero of Ages, you may do so at This Website.  You don't have to register in order to vote.  Here is a direct link to an explanation of the voting process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home