Monday, March 30, 2009

Splitting AMOL

By now, many of you know about the press release that Tor put up about AMOL being split.

Well, I do have a reaction I wrote to this.  I posted it as a separate article on my website so that those of you who watch the blog via RSS or LJ wouldn't have to deal with eight pages of writing if you don't want to.  It's long, but it's mostly me talking about the process of writing this book over the last sixteen months.  I think the Wheel of Time readers will find it very interesting read.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mommy said...

I was pregnant when I started reading this WOT (acually I listened to all of the books on CD a few times through.) My son will be nearly two years old when the next book is out and 4 when the series is finally finished.

I won't say that I am not disappointed, however I truely appreciate your honest and detailed explanation, keeping the fans involved, as well as your hard work on this series. I would rather have three great books answering everything and fullfilling the stories, then one or two crappy books leaving too much un said. Thank you
Jennifer Branson
Maryland

11:38 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Brandon,

I began reading this in 1993 so, no worries, take your time and do it right.

While I want to read the final book right now, I also don't really want it to end.

I can't wait for A Gathering Storm. I am rereading the series this year to remember what the heck is going on.

Brian

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jon H. said...

The only disappointment I have is in the name AMoL being dropped for the sub-title.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous BobB said...

Brandon,

I'm sorry you felt the need to apologize for doing this right. It confirms you're the right guy to be finishing this series. Take your time. The care you've shown in making this right is wonderful to see from a fans perspective. Thank you. Again take your time. I eagerly look forward to each and every word.

Bob
Wisconsin

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home