Monday, July 13, 2009

Worldcon

Well, now that it's official that we're going to Worldcon, I'm thinking it might be nice to set up a quick signing for those who live locally but won't be going to the convention.  I'll get my publicist on it, but I thought I'd ask here as well.  Does anyone reading the blog work at a bookstore (or know someone who works at a bookstore) in Montreal? 

Note that I'm more than happy to hear about your favorite stores and that sort of thing.  But I'm really looking for actual bookstore employees.  I always prefer to sign at a store where they've heard of me, and where there might be a reader or two on staff.  If you have a connection, send me an email!  Otherwise, we'll just have to take the luck of the draw.

Montreal is actually a special place for me.  You see, my first (and only) previous visit to the city came back when the World Fantasy convention was there in the early 2000's.  Myself and two friends--Peter Ahlstrom and Dan Wells--were bright-eyed, aspiring writers (or, in Peter's case, an aspiring editor) who were looking to make contacts and learn more about the publishing biz. 

It was at this convention that I met Moshe Feder, who eventually bought ELANTRIS.  Essentially, I was 'discovered' because of that convention.  So, Dan, Peter, Moshe, and I are all planning a reunion.  Should be fun times. Maybe we'll eat some Chinese Spaghetti.  (Ask me sometime about this one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home