Tuesday, August 31, 2010

THE WAY OF KINGS Is Out

It's out.

It's finally out.

I hadn't expected this day to come for years yet. I had a careful path set up to doing the Stormlight Archive. Writing standalone novels and trilogies for a few more years yet, until I had the reputation both with fans and the publisher to persuade them to take a chance on an ambitious series like the Stormlight Archive.

Then, two years ago, I saw a chance for doing it earlier—and doing it the right way. So I seized it. Getting both this book and Towers of Midnight ready without dropping quality on either has been one of the most demanding long-haul experiences of my life. (One I hope to never have to repeat.) But it's FINALLY OUT.

Folks, this is the book of my heart, the series I've been plotting, planning, scheming over for decades. If you get a chance to hit a bookstore this week, might I suggest you go in and pick it up, heft it, look through some of the beautiful interior art?

I'm not sure what to say other than that. I don't know yet how it will be received. We'll know better next Wednesday, when sales figures are released. But for right now . . . it's out. Whew! For more on the topic, I did a blog post over at Tor.com speaking a little of the history of the book. You can find it here.

And, in case you missed it, here are links to the sample chapters: Prelude through chapter 3, chapters 4 through 6 (audio), chapters 9 and 11, chapters 12 and 13.

Here are reviews of the book: Grasping for the Wind, The Wertzone, OF Blog of the Fallen, The Book Smugglers, Unshelved, Blógünder Schlock, Elitist Book Reviews . . . (There are so many reviews out there now, if you've written one and I didn't put it on this list, please don't read anything into it! Almost all the reviews I've seen do a great job discussing the book without spoiling it, so if you're hungry for reviews, you can't go wrong with a Google search.)

And here are other things I've written on it: Another Long-Winded Explanation of Various Things, Done, Thoughts, Introduction, Michael Whelan, an appreciation.

As always, thank you all for your support. And thank you, Wheel of Time fans, for allowing me this deviation in the middle of working on your books. I promise to get your ending to you quickly.

Best,

Brandon

p.s. Newsletter about KINGS going out in the next 24 hours. If you read this, then get practically the same thing in email form, I apologize for spamming you. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home