Tuesday, October 23, 2012

EMPEROR'S SOUL signing-by-mail, AMoL audiobook promo, Holiday shipping deadline + Updates

This post will be another run-down of a bunch of different topics.

Weller Book Works is once again handling a signing-by-mail for one of my releases. In this case, since THE EMPEROR'S SOUL is already out in bookstores, it's going to run slightly differently. They are limiting it to 200 copies, and I'll be signing and numbering them the same day I do my in-store signing there, November 6th. They're also experimenting with cheaper shipping this time around (the book is a trade paperback and much smaller than my usual, which helps), and I hear that the email they sent out to people who ordered previous books says all orders must be done via email to books@wellerbookworks.com. And a note for those of you waiting on ebooks: the ebook will come out toward the beginning of November. Anyone who orders the print version can get a free copy of the ebook (as soon as my assistant Peter makes it) following the routine we used for the LEGION ebook.

Some of you want to know how to get signed copies of my other books. If a book has been out for a year, I sell signed hardcovers in my store. (THE ALLOY OF LAW isn't up there yet, but it will go up next week.) Many readers like buying signed copies to give as Christmas gifts, so here's the skinny on the holiday shipping deadlines this year. My assistant Becky says that all international orders need to be in by November 7th at 5 p.m. MST, and all domestic orders need to be in by December 5th at 5 p.m. MST. I will still sign book orders that come in after those dates, but the likelihood of a delivery by December 24th goes way down.

Macmillan Audio is running a little promotion for the A MEMORY OF LIGHT audiobook on CD (sorry, US residents only). This image pretty much says it all:

Preorder the A MEMORY OF LIGHT audiobook on CD (read by Michael Kramer and Kate Reading) and receive a free, custom Wheel of Time cover for your iPhone 4 or 4S. While supplies last: for the first 2,000 people to send in proof of preorder purchase. Ends December 7, 2012. Offer available to US residents only.

Looks cool! For more details, see this link.

My pal Larry Correia, author of the Monster Hunter International series, is running a kickstarter for a MHI world book/tabletop roleplaying game. The kickstarter is actually already funded, but it looks cool. If you like shooting monsters with accurately described guns, this might be for you.

The most recent Writing Excuses episode is another live episode recorded at GenCon Indy. We spoke with James L Sutter about writing tie-in fantasy fiction. He's the co-creator of the Pathfinder RPG system and is the editor of all Pathfinder fiction, so if you've ever been interested in writing in a universe like that, check it out!

InkWing, which does my Mistborn and Stormlight Archive T-shirts, has another contest where they're giving away a free shirt. See the details here.

If you've been following me on Twitter or Facebook, over the weekend you saw me post about trading books for Magic cards to fill out my cube. I've now received a bunch of cards and am getting ready to send out a bunch of books. Only super rare cards are left on my list, but you can see it here. My assistant Peter also uploaded another Twitter posts archive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home