Thursday, November 01, 2012

Toronto this weekend: Chapters Markham & World Fantasy (sold out, 1 membership available!)

I'm flying up to Toronto for the World Fantasy convention. My schedule is below. I'm also doing an off-site bookstore signing at Chapters in Markham on Saturday. See below for details. Hope to see many of you there!

The convention is sold out—but I have ONE WORLD FANTASY MEMBERSHIP TO SELL. Pemberly was going to attend the convention with me after half a week in New York, but Hurricane Sandy changed our plans. So if you are in Toronto but don't already have a membership and are interested in seeing dozens of big-name authors and editors (everyone on this list and this list), consider buying Pemberly's membership. This is the most expensive convention that exists in the field (the cost is $250 Canadian), but if you're serious about publishing, it's worth it. A previous World Fantasy in Canada (in Montreal, 2001) is where I met my Tor Books editor, Moshe Feder. So if you're interested, drop me an email using the email interface on my website.

If you don't have any desire to go to World Fantasy but just want to get some books signed and ask me a couple of questions, I'd love to see you at the signing at Chapters!

World Fantasy Convention, Toronto

Date: November 1st–4th, 2012
Place: World Fantasy 2012
Address: Sheraton Parkway Toronto North
600 Highway 7 East
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
L4B 1B2
Type: Convention
Schedule:

FRIDAY
8:00–10:00 p.m., Grand York Ballroom
Autograph Reception
Features the dozens of pro writers attending the convention. A bigger collection of bestselling fantasy writers in the same room than you will find anywhere other than another World Fantasy.

SATURDAY
12:30–1:00 p.m., King room
Brandon Sanderson Reading

2:00–4:00 p.m., Chapters Markam
Bookstore signing. See details below.

SUNDAY
1:00–3:30 p.m., Grand York Ballroom
World Fantasy Awards Banquet and Presentations
(Ticket required for luncheon.)

Chapters Markham, Toronto

Date: November 3rd, 2012
Time: 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Place: Chapters Markham
Address: Woodside Centre, 3175 Highway 7 East
Markham, Ontario L3R0T9
Canada
Phone: (905) 477-1756
Type: Signing
***SCHEDULE CHANGE!*** Be aware that the signing is now in the afternoon, not the evening.
Note: If you want to come to this signing but want to read THE EMPEROR'S SOUL before this date, consider buying your book at this store ahead of time. Thanks! I will also sign any other book you bring that I wrote, but it's nice to support the store hosting me by buying at least one book (by any author) in the store that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home