Monday, July 01, 2013

Updates for this week

In this week's Writing Excuses episode, Mary, Dan, Howard, and I talk about Space Opera. Give it a listen.

My assistant Peter has uploaded another Twitter posts archive. There will be another one next week; we're a bit behind. As always, you can follow me on Twitter and Facebook (both have basically the same content) for up-to-the-minute updates. I'm a bit more likely to respond on Twitter since I find it more convenient, but there's a great community on Facebook discussing the posts and I sometimes respond there too.

Tor.com's reread of THE WAY OF KINGS hit chapter 18, where Dalinar and Adolin race the highstorm, among other things. The post also includes this quote from Carl Engle-Laird at Tor: "After last week's reread some of you percipient readers noticed that Amazon.com has changed the release date for book 2 in the Stormlight Archive to January 21st. I've asked around the Tor offices, and can say that the book is currently scheduled for that date. Feel free to update your calendars, with the understanding that the release date could still change in the future." As to whether we'll hit that date (which despite the above, is not an officially announced final date), there's a good chance we will, but the date could still slip around a bit or even change drastically. I'm very close to done writing the first draft of WORDS OF RADIANCE; I've written the climax and the epilogue, but there are still a few scenes in the middle of the book that aren't finished yet. And then of course come revisions, which will take a couple of months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home